Many users are searching for “Sage 50 import and upload existing data”.
In this article, the process is mentioned in detailed steps to import data into Sage 50 in a smooth manner. You have to take care of the data while doing the importing process. There is some data that won’t get import into the Sage account. So, you have to do it manually on your own. First, does the import process then proceed further to check for the data that is not imported? Let’s get started.
Resolution for Sage 50 Import And Upload Existing Data
Important to remember:
- Take care of the order of the data, you are going to import, there are files with some chronological order and should be put after a specific file, for example without Customer List or Chart of Accounts the Sales Receipt Journal can’t be imported.
- We highly recommend you get the file type exported, which you are going to import from Sage 50, before the importing of data gets started. Then the template of exported file will be used, all you have to ensure is that data format and column structure matches, only then the import will be successful
- First of all, select the file and then choose Import/Export
- In the window of Import/Export first choose the area and after that the template, you wanted to use
- Then choose Import button
- Template window will be displayed by the program and you will be able to see the tab of Fields
- Then click on show checkbox on every field that you wanted to be included in the file you want to upload
- In order to be sure that the fields selected are same as in the import file, carefully select the same fields and in same numbers and ensure that they are placed exactly in the same order as they are arranged in the file you are about to import
- Your import will not be successful if the fields of the imported file are not same as the ones that are checked by you, their number and order too should be same
- You cannot import all the fields that are mentioned in imported file’s template
- Exception is for Customer List, in case you are going through original template, you will see that the marked fields by default as Show, and can be imported, whereas the unchecked fields will be shown as export only
- In Customer List, though Ship To addresses is not by default checked, but still you will be able to import them
- In case Ship To addresses are more than one and you want to import all of them, then carefully select the options before importing in template
- In case the listed fields are in incorrect order, then
- Get the first field highlighted that you wish to move
- Then click on Move button
- Choose the row beneath, exact where you are going to move that particular field
- This will help you to place the moved field above of where you have clicked
- Column numbers will be accordingly adjusted
- Once you are done with the tab of Fields, move towards the tab of Options
- If you want yourself to be warned in case of any duplicate receipts, check numbers, or reference numbers while your import process is going on, then click on the check box saying Warn if Duplicate Reference. You can choose this option if only the receipt transactions, payroll and payments are imported
- In order to specify the filename or path of the file to be imported:
- If required, tap on arrow button
- Default path is suggested by the Sage 50, where the file name have C:\, filename the original one is in Sage 50 whereas extension in .CSV
- If you want, you are free to type over default
- Directory, drive letter or path could also be specified by you, from where the file is going to be imported
- If the file which is going to be imported has headings:
- Select the checkbox saying, First Row Contains Headings
- With this Sage 50 will be prompted to interpret as well as ignore the top row in data file, as the field’s name or heading.
- The changes made in the template could also be saved for the further use:
- Click on Save button
- Mention the name of the file for new template
- Ensure that the name you suggest is unique
- Default name of Sage 50 can’t be used
- Once you are done with the selections, click on OK button so that the process of import can get started:
- Sage 50 will start searching the file from the specified location, it will get the information of file imported, and then will get it translated to the Sage 50 format, as maximum as possible
- In case any of your file is having some problem, you will be informed by Sage 50. It will also mention the file’s line number, about the problem and where it has occurred
- Word processing program, spreadsheet and line editor can be used for directly editing the data file. From original program you can also change the way you have done the export of the file .
In the end, you get the whole process that helps you for “Sage 50 import and upload existing data”. You have to do the steps one by another so you won’t get the error while importing the data to Sage 50. Still, if you have any problem then contacts the Sage 50 helpdesk team. The team is here to provide you the assistance so that whenever you are facing any glitches so you can reach them out. You can get in touch through email, live chat, and a toll-free number. Share your problem and get the solution.
👉 Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What data won’t import while importing data to Sage 50?
Ans. The list of data that is not importing into your Sage 50 account:-
✓ Default information
✓ Inventory beginning balances
✓ Job Beginning Balances
✓ Sales Tax IDs and Agencies
✓ Payroll Tax Formulas
✓ Task Window Templates
Q. Is there any order in which you import the data into your Sage 50 account?
Ans. Yes, there is an order that is used to do Sage 50 import or upload existing data. The order in which files are imported is mentioned here:-
✓ Chart of Accounts
✓ Employee list
✓ Vendor List
✓ Customer List
✓ Inventory item List
✓ Phase List
✓ Cost Code List
✓ Job List
After this, you can do import journals in the following order:-
✓ General Journal
✓ Purchase Order Journal
✓ Purchase Journal
✓ Inventory Assemblies Journal
✓ Inventory Adjustment Journal
✓ Sales order Journal
✓ Sales Journal
✓ Time Ticket Register
✓ Expense Ticket Register
✓ Payments Journal
✓ Cash Receipts Journal
✓ Payroll Journal.
Q. How to enter beginning balances after Sage 50 import and upload existing data?
✓ Open the Chart of Accounts in Sage 50
✓ Click on the General tab
✓ Then select Beginning Balances
✓ You can add or enter the beginning balance here if any or adjust the previous period for general ledger accounts.