QuickBooks is extremely popular among the businesses these days as it has indeed helped them accomplish their accounting activities with utmost ease. Hence, there is no prize for guessing why QuickBooks is extensively used by businesses all over the world.
However, like any other software, in any domain you name, QuickBooks is also not 100% free from errors. Many of our readers have intimated us that they have faced the ‘QuickBooks Error-a critical QuickBooks update is waiting for installation’. Are you also one of the QB users who have faced this issue? Yes, we understand it may have been quite frustrating, particularly if you were in the middle of something really important. But, you don’t need to bother too much. We are here to help you out. All you need to do is to just go through this blog till the end. Here, we will provide a step-by-step procedure to fix this issue once and for all.
Here we go!
What is the Critical QuickBooks Update is Waiting for Installation Error Message?
Users get the error message above while opening QuickBooks. When they click on the ‘Install Now’ tab, they receive another message that states that they do not have the required permissions. This prevents the users from obtaining new updates, fixes and security features incorporated in the latest QuickBooks Desktop versions/patches.
Steps for Fix Critical QuickBooks Update is Waiting for Installation Error
To fix this error, you need to log in with admin credentials and try updating QuickBooks.
- Go to desktop icon
- Choose Run As Administrator
- Update the software manually. To do this navigate to the Help menu
- You have to update QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on Options
- Now select Mark All
- Click on Save
- Navigate to Update Now
- Select the checkbox named Reset Update
- Click on Get Updates
- Open the QuickBooks software and check if you are still getting the error message.
Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and it is designed to diagnose and resolve common issues of the software.
We hope the troubleshooting steps mentioned above would help you fix the ‘QuickBooks Error-a critical QuickBooks update is waiting for installation’. If you are still not able to get rid of this issue, or, if you experience any difficulties in carrying out the above-mentioned steps, we would recommend you to speak to the experts.
👉Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1.How to Download and Use the QuickBooks Too Hub to Fix the a Critical QuickBooks Update is Waiting for Installation Error in QuickBooks?
Ans : Please follow the steps below-
▪ You have to close QuickBooks
▪ Hub updated version should be downloaded
▪ Save the file in a suitable location in your system
▪ QuickBooksToolHub.exe. needs to be opened
▪ For QuickBooks Tool Hub installation, follow the instructions on screen
▪ After the installation is finished, open the QB tool hub
▪ Go to Program Problems.
▪ You have to double click on Quick Fix my Program
▪ Now Start QuickBooks Desktop
▪ Open your company data file to check if the error still exists.
Q 2.How to Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop?
▪ Open the Start menu of Windows
▪ In the search box, type Control Panel
▪ Open the Control Panel
▪ Choose features and programs. Alternately, you can navigate to Uninstall a Program as well
▪ The list of installed programs will appear on your screen. From here, click the QuickBooks Desktop version you are facing issues with
▪ Click on Uninstall/Change
▪ Then click Remove
▪ Now select Next to proceed
▪ Once finished, reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop
▪ Open the QuickBooks software and check if the issue still persists
Q 3.What is the Difference Between QuickBooks Upgrade and Update?
Ans : A QuickBooks update is released to resolve a technical glitch. It is not released to add a feature or function to the program. An update is also called ‘patches’ or maintenance releases.
However, when you upgrade QuickBooks, you get a new version of it altogether. It includes all the latest functions or features added to improve the performance of the software.