Simplifying accounting by providing great tools and features, Sage 50 2019 has become an all-time favorite of all bookkeepers and accountants. Because this version comes with a great user experience design, it both simplifies accounting and enhances the experience of working on this software. In this article, you’ll learn more about the Sage 50 2019 download.
Sage 50 2019 (U.S. Edition) is now available with enhanced features and updates. The software is also known by other names like Sage 50c, Sage 50 cloud. The new version has several business features and enhancements to make the business much easier as discussed below.
Why Download Sage 50 2019?
There are three instances in which you’d want to download Sage 50 :
- New user: The latest versions of Sage 50 generally have a higher price tag because of additional features present in them. The price of the latest version may be prohibitive for manyd. So going for an older version such as Sage 50 2019 makes sense in such cases.
- Upgrade: Apart from new users, those who want to upgrade from a previous edition of this accounting software to Sage 50 2019 can also use this software for added features and tools that weren’t present in any of the previous versions.
- Open company file: Company files created in Sage 50 2019 can only be accessed through Sage 50 2019. However, later versions can open the file after upgrading it. If you don’t want the company file upgraded, then it’s better to get Sage 50 2019 and use it in the trial version.
- Restoring a backup: just like accessing a company file, restoring a backup file created with the 2019 version of Sage 50 requires the same version to be restored. After you’ve restored the backup, you’ll have a new company file, which you can open in a later version by upgrading it.
While these options look great, you can also try the option to host Sage 50 2019 for access to more resources. As cloud computing offers better accessibility and affordability, hosting your accounting software makes a lot of sense.
Sage 50 2019 System Specifications
Sage 50 2019 has specific resource requirements, which if not met, can lead to errors related to installation and functioning. Functional criteria are the parameters that a machine must follow in order to use such computer systems.
A machine, for instance, may necessitate a certain I/O interface in order to interact with a portable device. A device may follow a particular computer system’s inability to execute a different app.
Here are the Sage 50 2019 System Specifications:
- Chipset with a clock speed of 2.0 GHz for individual and multiple users
- The memory of 2 GB for individual and several users
- Compatible browsers: Browser 10.0 and 11.0 (version 11.0 and higher with Sage Payroll Solutions, Sage Payments Solutions, and other Connected Services integration) Microsoft®.NET Environment 4.7.1, incorporating DirectX Api for.NET; an extra 280 MB to 850 MB of high-color (16-bit) SVGA graphics is required. Recommended screen is 1280×800; optimum size is 1440×900 or greater; tiny fonts/DPI parameters are necessary.
- All digital products and functions need increased Web connectivity (To get the best experience, download speeds of a minimum of 25mbps and upload speeds of a minimum of 10mbps)
- Sage Drive firms are limited to a maximal data size of 5 Gigabytes.
- Operating system installed with one of the most current Microsoft updates
- Windows 8 by Microsoft
- Windows 7 (Microsoft)
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Small Business Server 2008 R2.
- Windows® 7, 8.1, or 10 (Commemorative Edition and above – edition 2019.1 suitable with Windows operating system v1803) with some of the most frequent improvements from Microsoft For installation, Microsoft allocated 1 GB of storage space.
- Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook versions higher than 2003. Or a Microsoft Office 365 membership.
- Adobe Reader 9.0 needs a machine as well as appropriate software in order to print documents.
- If you wish to load Sage 50 2019 from a CD or DVD, you’ll need a DVD-ROM.
Note: Sage 50 2019 accountant edition has higher system requirements because it has additional features that are commonly used by bookkeepers and CPAs handling multiple clients.
Sage 50 2019 Setup Download and Installation
Here is the download link for Sage 50 2019.
Once you click on the link, a pop-up window will appear. You can then select the directory in which you want to download the setup file. Click on Ok to begin the download.
Depending on your internet speed, the time is taken for the download to complete alters. So ensure that you’ve good connectivity; otherwise downloading the setup may take a very long time.
What Do I Need Before I Install Sage?
When running Sage 50 2019, make sure that the computer has more than enough above-mentioned requirements configured. Sage 50 installation will not be able to run until the prerequisites are available on your machine.
How can I Upgrade my Sage 50?
You can check the system requirements of the version you want to upgrade to. Here’s more information about upgrading to Sage 50 2019:
- The setup of Edition 2019 is a little less than 400 MB; on standard Internet service, installing will require just under 30 to 60 minutes; nevertheless, this depends on the Local net’s connection speeds.
- The installation pace is governed by the computer: how much Memory space it has, how much spare space on the hard drive it has, the Processor performance, and so on.
- The procedure will require about ten to fifteen minutes from start to finish, depending on the technology and connectivity.
The configuration of a server can generally take much more time because you need to ensure that proper preferences are set up.
- When installing on a server, you must install the software first on the server that will contain the company file. Once you’ve done this, you can install the software on all the other workstations so that you can enable multi-user mode easily.
We’re all set and ready to install the software. Whenever you feel like it, you can begin to install the software by following the steps provided below:
- Double clicks on the Sage 50 2019 executable to launch the installation wizard.
a. By standard, the setup file may have been saved on the desktop of your system. However, you’ll have to insert the CD/DVD drive if you didn’t go for a digital copy of the software.
b. The Autorun option is available. While the file is downloading, you can choose to run the setup as soon as the download finishes.
2. Click on Yes when the UAC asks for permission to allow the software.
3. The Installshield wizard will open up.
4. Click on Next and Enter the directory that you want the software to be installed in.
5. Click on Install Sage.
6. Select language, then Ok.
7. Click on Yes if an update is available on your system but hasn’t been installed yet.
8. For the Windows Firewall automatic configuration, select Yes so that the installshield wizard can automatically configure the firewall settings, saving you a huge amount of time. Basically the wizard creates inbound and outbound rules for Sage 50 in the windows firewall. These rules enable port access to Sage 50 2019.
9. Select the type of installation:
a. Typical: Install the most common components (Recommended)
b. Advanced: Select which components are installed or use the server-only installation option.
10. Input the serial number for the product if you have one. Otherwise choose the trial version. The trial expires in 30 days, so ensure that you save all your data before the expiry date.
11. Accept the terms of license agreements to move forward with the installation.
12. The installation will begin at this point.
13. When the installation is finished, you’ll get the option to open Sage 50. Select that option and click on Finish.
You’re done at this point. You’ve successfully installed Sage 50 2019 on your system. You can now start working with your all-new accounting software.
Note: If you encountered any error while installing the software or if the software doesn’t launch even after the installation finished successfully, then get in touch with our Sage 50 customer helpdesk.
New Features in Sage 50 2019
Starting a Company File in Sage 50 2019
After installing Sage 50, one must configure the program to store accounting data. Sage 50 doesn’t store your data in a program file. It creates a separate company file that is stored in an entirely different directory. This company file contains all the data that you record using this software.
Let’s look at it in more detail:
Invoicing from Outlook
When you use Stripe as just a merchant account in Invoicing Transactions, your clients who are using Email Systems 365 may now execute invoice money transfers from Outlook. After that, the client card details will be stored in Sage 50.
Better access to Multi-user Mode
Sage Drive Multi-User has become available for clients that seem to have Sage 50 multi-user subscriptions. This enables improved teamwork by allowing you and your colleagues in the very same location and then across the nation to view actual information inside Sage 50 and concurrently recite prospective and current operations in Sage Drive business data folders. Continue to work where businesses take you or your colleagues.
Resolved Many Bugs found in Previous Versions
Multiple technology trouble issues have indeed been solved with the aid of user feedback. The Sales Order selection menu has indeed been enlarged to fit the existing Attached Invoice field breadth. In addition, cash tallies are already displayed in the Quotations and Transactions Show readers.
Sage 50 now makes use of the .NET Foundation 4.7.1. The benefits of which include improved stability and efficiency, better protection, and conformity with the most recent core TLS security protocol requirements.
Connectivity with CRM
Sage 50 CRM is a connectivity solution that lets you manage customer/client details in addition to financial data. Sage 50 updates Sage CRM each 24/7 with this one-way, read-only interface.
Check the Multiple Versions of Sage 50 2019
Sage 50 2019 has multiple editions so that users have much more flexibility when choosing according to the price tag and provided features.
- Here are the 3 editions of Sage 50 2019:
- Sage 50 2019 Pro
- Sage 50 2019 Premium
- Sage 50 2019 Quantum
Of these three, Quantum has the most features and tools, as it is geared towards large enterprises. Pro, on the other hand, has a low price tag and is perfect for freelancers and small businesses.
Create a New Company File in Sage 50 2019
Company file stores your accounting data. However, before creating a company file, you must set the date for the fiscal year and create a trial balance.
Set the Start of the Fiscal Year in Sage 50 2019
The starting of a fiscal year decides the number of accounting cycles and the closing date for the financial period. On the basis of the starting date, Sage 50 will automatically create the number of periods required. At the end of each period, you can reconcile your accounts to ensure that everything is orderly.
Setup a Trial Balance
Trial balance is a very important financial tool at the disposal of bookkeepers and accountants. Trial balances can be used to ensure that balance sheets stay accurate.
A trial balance is indeed a financial statement that contains the ledger accounts of a corporation. To ensure that the amounts of all these accounting records are identical, they are entered into debit or credit ledger listings on the balance sheet. Trial balances are routinely performed at the conclusion of every financial month to confirm that financial records are consistently proper and equal.
Create a Company File
Sage 50 company file has a lot of importance. As it stores all the accounting data, you need to keep it safe. That means creating strong passwords and user roles so that people with expertise are the only ones who can make any edits.
By design, the company file is stored in a separate directory. When you uninstall the program, your company file isn’t deleted. Instead, it remains in the other directory to ensure that your data is always safe even if an error occurs with the software.
Here’s the data that you must enter to create a company file in Sage 50 2019:
- Other important information
- Name of the company file
- Opening Date & Closing Date
- The geographic location of your company
Sage 50 2019, a blockbuster bookkeeping software, provides many features to help its users easily record accounting information and create detailed reports using it. Many new templates are provided so that you can create reports that provide useful insights.
For Free Consultation with Sage Experts: Just Call or Chat With Us
Note: Sage 50 2019 has been discontinued. However, we still provide service for this version. You can click on the chat button or email us to get in touch with our experts for a free consultation.
Related Post:Sage 50 2021 Download
Sage 50 2017 Download
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Microsoft 365 and Does it Integrate with Sage 50 2019?
Ans: Yes, it does. You can even send invoices along with a payment link directly through Outlook. The versions older than this one do not support sending a payment link through Outlook. Also, you can use excel and Sage 50 together and export and import data to and from each other.
How Does a Trial Balance Work in Sage 50 2019?
Ans: A trial balance is generally composed of a spreadsheet with two distinct sections that reflect the account balances incurred by a corporation over a specific timeframe. These sections will include a list of all company activities in the state within the given timeframe, including income, obligations, and investments.
The original objective of a financial statement is to evaluate whether any mistakes in the basic accounting inputs have occurred, with equal card payment columns showing that the firm’s public blockchains are appropriately balanced.
Does Sage 50 Automatically Backup Data on the Cloud?
Ans: Sage 50 2019 is connected to the Sage cloud so you can turn on automatic updates which ensures that a backup copy is automatically created and saved on the cloud. This keeps your data safe from any kind of damage. If your company file isn’t working properly at any point, then you can restore the most recent backup and get back to work.
Is Sage 50 2019 a Subscription-Based Service?
Ans: Sage 50 2019 is both subscription and non-subscription based. You can purchase a one-time license or a yearly membership. When you get a membership, you have the benefit of access to the most recent upgrades. This means that all the features released in the later versions will be available to you.
However, if you have a one-time license, then you’ll have to purchase the product again if you’d like to upgrade your accounting software.