QuickBooks Error 100 belongs to POS (Point of Sale) software. QuickBooks POS is a point of sale system that allows users to easily manage your sales and is used by stores all over the world to offer goods and services from a single location. Moreover, it allows businesses to accept credit and debit card payments as well as manage their suppliers and inventory. Sometimes, users have reported getting QuickBooks Error 100 while using a POS device, which prevents them from using the application. If you’re also a victim of such an issue then don’t fret! This blog will guide you a complete troubleshooting process to avoid this error with ease. Stay Tuned!
What Causes QuickBooks Error 100 in POS Software?
There are three main reasons why error code 100 takes place in QuickBooks POS:
- The POS Database Manager Service has a problem.
- Your computer does not fulfill the system’s basic requirements.
- Inappropriate installation of Microsoft .Net Framework.
Important Pointers Must be Taken into Considerations Before Troubleshooting
- Maintain the application’s most recent version.
- To make the application work, the system must meet certain basic requirements.
- Try installing the .Net framework again.
- When logging into Windows, make sure to select an administrator account if possible.
- Exit the software, restart your computer, and then try again.
If these simple remedies do not work, proceed with the solutions section.
Reliable Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 100
Well, there are more than one ways available to correct QuickBooks Error 100. The below are discussed few reliable and effective solutions that may help you to fix the error easily:
Total Time: 45 minutes
Solution 1: Try Re-Launching the QuickBooks POS Database Manager
● When you receive error dialogue box, you have to select the Ok button
● Next step is to reboot your PC
● Now, attempt to launch the Point of Sale application
● If the error persists, there is a separate procedure for different Windows Operating Systems
For Windows XP
○ Go to the Windows Start >>> Run
For Windows 7
○ Go to the Windows Start >>> All Programs >>> Accessories >>> Run
● In the empty field, you’re supposed to type the services.MSC followed by hitting the Ok button
● Once done then click QBPOS Database Manager vXX >>> Start (where XXXX denotes the version of QBPOS that you’re currently using)
● In case, if start is unavailable then you need to restart.
Solution 2: Create a User Account for Windows
● Navigate to the Start menu in Windows
● In the search bar, type “User accounts”
● After that, press the Enter key
● Choose “Manage user accounts” from the drop-down menu
● Now, select “Manage another account” from the menu
● Next step is to choose “Create a new account” from the drop-down list
● Make a name for this account, like “Test”
● The “User Type” should be “Administrator”
● Remove your Windows account
● You can log in again once you’ve finished creating and logging out the user account
● Finally, open the Point of Sale to see if the problem still exists.
Solution 3: Update Your QuickBooks Point of Sales Application
It is necessary to ensure that all QuickBooks Desktop POS updates have been installed. To install manual updates, follow these steps:
● Start the “QuickBooks Desktop POS” application
● Next, go to the Product updates page
● Make sure that “Point of Sales” is selected as the product
● To complete the manual update installation procedure, follow the on-screen instructions
● You must reboot the system after installing the updates
● In addition to that, the Intuit Entitlement Client Folder must be renamed.
Solution 4: Re-Launch the QBPOSShell
You can troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 100 by closing and restarting the QBPOSShell. You can do it by using the Task Manager. In the steps below, we’ll show you how to do it:
● To begin, close all tabs associated with “Point of Sale” software and press “Ctrl + Alt” Delete” from your keyboard
● Next, select the “Start Task Manager” if necessary
● Select “Processor” from the drop-down list
● Sort the results alphabetically by clicking on the “Image Name” column
● Do a right-click the “QBPOSShell.exe” file and select “Open”
● Select the “Complete Process” option
● Now, you can close the Task Manager tab.
This will bring the background services to a halt. You can then start using POS software.
Important Note: If you detect several QBPOSShell services, follow the Troubleshoot Compatibility procedures.
● On the Desktop, right-click the “Point of Sale” icon
● Select the “Troubleshoot compatibility” option from the drop-down menu
● Select the “Try suggestion settings” from the drop-down menu
● Follow the instructions that appear on your screen
● You can reboot your device once you’ve finished altering the recommended settings
● Then restart Point of Sale to see if the problem has been resolved.
Solution 5: Reinstall the .NET Framework
After you’ve removed QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale software, you’ll need to remove the.NET foundation. You can then reinstall both the .NET framework and the QB Point of Sale software.
You can remove .NET Framework 4.0 and 4.5 by performing the below steps:
● Type “Control Panel” into the Windows search box
● When the Control Panel shows in the results, click on it
● Now, select the “Uninstall a software” from the drop-down menu
● Find the “Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 and 4.5” and double-click it
● Select the “Uninstall” option from the menu
● After done with that, press the “Next” button
● Now, follow the on-screen instructions.
With this, the .NET Framework 4.0 and 4.5 will be removed from your computer. Users must also download and install the .NET Framework 4.5. You can accomplish this by doing the following:
● From Microsoft’s website”, download “.NET Framework 4.5”
● Make sure you get both the 4.0 Client and Extended versions
● On your PC, save the downloaded file
● Double-click on the file to open it
● Follow the instructions on your screen
● You can reboot your computer after successfully installing the .NET Framework 4.5 on your system.
If you have any problems installing the .NET Framework 4.0 and 4.5 on your Windows PC, please contact Microsoft or get assistance from an IT professional.
Solution 6: Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale software if you get a QuickBooks Error 100.
Note: Before uninstalling Point of Sale software, make a backup of your data, save any necessary files, and close all the running applications.
Users can now uninstall QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale software via the Control Panel using the methods below, depending on their Windows version.
● Type the “Control Panel” into the Windows search box
● When the “Control Panel” shows in the results, click on it
● Next step is to move to the “Uninstall a software”
● Select the “Start” from the menu options
● “More Settings” is located farther down
● After that, click on the “Control Panel”
● Select the “Uninstall a software” from the drop-down menu
● First, click on the Windows Start from the menu options
● Next, “Control Panel” is where you should go
● Choose the “Uninstall software” option from the drop-down menu.
You can accomplish the following once you’ve entered the Control Panel (Programs and Features) window:
● Right-click on the “QuickBooks Point of Sale XX” (The XX represents the software year)
● Select the “Uninstall” option from the menu
● If the “User Account Control” window appears, select the “Continue”
● To successfully delete the software, follow the on-screen prompt instructions.
You can rename the folders listed below after you uninstall QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale software from your Windows computer:
● Rename the folder “QuickBooks Point of Sale XX”
● This must be kept at the following address:
○ C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX
○ QBPOSDBSrvUser folder located in C:\Users
○ C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX folder
You can also remove your QBPOSDBSrvUser Windows login once you’ve finished renaming these files and folders. This is the step-by-step procedure:
● On your keyboard, press the keys “Windows + R”
● The “Run” dialogue box will then appear
● In the text field, type the “User Accounts” followed by pressing the Enter key
● Choose “Manage user accounts” from the drop-down menu
● Next, select the “Manage another account” option from the menu
● Choose QBPOSDBSrvUser from the drop-down menu
● After that, select the “Delete Account” from the option available
● To verify your activity, click the “Yes” button.
This will remove the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale software, rename the (QuickBooks POS) directories, and erase the QBPOSDBSrvUser account. You can then restart your device to make the modifications reflect. The software can be reinstalled later.
Solution 7: Restart QuickBooks POS Database Manager Service
Restarting the QuickBooks POS Database Manager Service is one of the most effective ways to resolve the issue. Depending on your Windows version, you can follow these steps:
In Windows 7 or Vista
● Click the “Ok” button when an error shows on your screen
● Next, start your system again
● After that, restart the “Point of Sale” program
● Now, select the Windows Start >>> All Programs
● After that, go to the Accessories and then select the “Run” tab
● In the text field, type “Services.MSC”
● Moving forward, press the “Enter” key
● The “Services” pane displays a list of available services
● Locate and click on the “QuickBooks POS Database Manager Service”
● Once done then select the “Restart” option
● If you don’t see the “Restart” button, click the “Start” button.
In Windows XP
● When an error message shows on your screen, click the “Ok” button
● Next step is to re-launch your computer
● After that, run the POS software
● Click the “Start” menu if a problem persists
● And then select the Run” tab
● In the text box, type the Services.MSC
● Once done then press the Enter key from your console
● In the “Services” window, you’ll find a list of services
● Locate and select the “QBPOS Database Manager Service” option
● Select the “Restart” from the drop-down menu
● If you don’t see a “Restart” button, click “Start”.
You can restart your PC and launch Point of Sale software after the QBPOS Database Manager Service is restarted.
Hopefully, you find this post useful in fixing the QuickBooks Error 100 in POS application. If the above-mentioned solution does not properly solve your issues, you should seek professional help. To get quick and precise assistance, you can reach our Team of Experts using QuickBooks Customer Helpdesk.
What is QuickBooks Error 100?
Error code 100 is QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) error that is usually encountered while using a POS device. It happens due to improper network connectivity or many other reasons that are also responsible for the error code 100. This error can occur when you open a company file that has been damaged or corrupted. However, it may sometimes show errors and restrict user access. QuickBooks POS Error 100 comes with an error message stating: “Error 100 database server not found “08w01”.
What are the Minimum System Requirements for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale (POS)?
The listed below are the basic requirements that must have to use the POS application:
● Processor: 2GHZ minimum for single user and 2.8GHZ for multiple users
● RAM: 4GB (8GB is recommended)
● Disk Space: There should be 1GB of disk space available, excluding the company data file
● Windows installed natively (US version)
● Optical Drive: 4X DVD-ROM drives for installation on DVD or CD till Intuit’s POS is downloaded
● A screen resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels or higher is required
● A good internet connection is required
● Compatibility of software
● Download the QBPOS Connection Troubleshooter tool for
○ QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 18.0
○ QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0
How Do We Create a Backup File in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale?
Backing up your data is a good approach to get back to work quickly if you run into a problem. It is always a good idea to save a backup before you start to uninstall the software.
Here’s How to Make a Backup in QuickBooks POS:
● Go to the File menu and select the option “Back Up Data”
● Set the location of the backup:
○ To backup to the default folder on your hard drive, choose “Default Location”
○ To backup to a network or external drive, click “Specify Alternate Location”
● At last, click on the “Backup” and then “Finish” tab.