QuickBooks is widely appreciated all around the world for its comprehensive reporting tools. It generates a wide array of reports to help you evaluate how your business is performing. They facilitate comparison of your actual revenues and expenses of your company to that of the budgeted amounts. You can analyze these reports to find out possible opportunities to reduce cost, expand your business and increase revenue.
In this blog, we will discuss how to run or get reports in QuickBooks. If you are yet to create and run reports in QuickBooks, we would recommend you to go through this blog, carry out the steps mentioned herein and get the best out of the comprehensive QuickBooks reports.
Step by StepProceduretoRun ReportsinQuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks
- Navigate to the Reports section
- Click on Report Center
- Select a report from the top of the screen. Here , we will show how to run a standard report. These reports are divided into the following categories-
- Vendors & payables
- Employees & payroll
- Customer & receivables
- Accountant & taxes
- Company & financial
- Jobs, time & mileage
You can click on the appropriate category and click on any particular report you want to run. For our purpose, we will discuss how to create and run a standard report in the Profit & Loss category.
The next step is to select a suitable data range for the report data . you may either enter the dates manually or select a data type from the drop-down list such as today, this week , this month , this quarter, this fiscal year and so on
The next step is to run the report. You will see 4 icons as shown below-
- Green arrow-to run a report
- Magnifying glass– to have more information about the report
- Heart– to mark a report as ‘favorite’
- Blue question mark– to go to help section
Click the green arrow to run the report.
- Next, you should select the proper report basis.Todothis,choose either cash or accrualbasisaccounting,as per your requirement
- Next, you should adjust the filters according to your need. To do this, click on Show Filters. You may also create additional filters or delete unwanted filters.
- Next, you should select the date range. You can select a suitable start and end date for your report
Read Also-: How to Print an ROE and or How to Adjust it
- Next, youshould selectfrom thedrop-down list, thecolumns to include in your report
- If you need, you can customize your report at this stage. You can edit your filters, appearance, headers, footers etc. when finished, click OK to proceed.
- If you want, you can also share your customized report with the QuickBooks community. To do this, click on the Share Template option
- Finally, you may choose from options to email, print or export your report
A. To Print Reports
- Click the Print button and select whether to print the report or save it as a .pdf document
- You may also adjust the print settings and before clicking on the Print tab
B. To Email Reports
- Click on the email tab and select the option to e mail the report either as a pdf or excel file
- You will receive a prompt regarding email security. Click OK to proceed, if you are sure about the security of your data.
- Next, enter the address of the recipient and click the Send button to send the email.
C. Export Report to Excel
- Click on the Excel button to choose if you are creating a new excel sheet or updating an existing one
- Then, click ontheExport buttonand savethefile.
Final Words :
In the discussion above, we have shown you how to get reports in QuickBooks. Hope this will be of great help to you. If you still have any more queries , you may consult with some authorized QuickBooks experts.
🔔Frequently Asked Questions
How can I Customize my QuickBooks Budget Reports?
Please follow the steps below-
▪ Navigate to the Reports menu.
▪ Select and open the report you want to customize.
▪ Use the basic filters to adjust things such as report dates.
▪ Click Customize.
▪ The customization window will appear on your screen
▪ You can apply the following filters to customize your report-
▪ General section: you can change things such as the number format , accounting method and reporting period.
▪ Rows/Columns section: you can choose which rows and columns would appear on the report.
▪ Filter section: you can choose which vendors, accounts, customers, products and distribution account would appear on the report.
▪ Header/Footer section: you can decide the look of the header and footer in your report
What is the Profit & Loss Budget Performance Report in QuickBooks ?
The Profit & Loss Budget Performance Report is similar to the Budget vs. Actual Report. Only difference is that in this report, the actual revenues and expenses are compared to the budgeted amounts for the present month and year.
What are QuickBooks Payroll Reports?
Simply speaking, payroll reports are documents created with the account information and records of a company that are related to payroll. These reports are created with payroll transaction information for a particular time period – quarterly or yearly.
The basic Quick Books payroll report includes multiple sections. For each pay period, the salaries/wages earned by the employees of the company work as the very basis. They calculate the net amount due to the employee, apart from the gross amount for wages and/or salaries.