Within a short span of its launch, theQuickBooks2014 Pro Edition became immensely popular among businesses and accounting professionals. If you are yet to use this software, you are at the right place. In this blog, we will look at the complete procedure to download and install QuickBooks Pro 2014 software on your system.
Here we go!
The Procedure to Download & Install QuickBooks 2014 Pro
- Log into Windows asadmin
- Open the official Intuitwebsite or the link to download QuickBooks 2014
- You will need tospecify the following :
- Select the country where you are residing and using QuickBooks from
- Next,choose the QuickBooks editionas QuickBooks Pro
- Select the year of the QuickBooks software as 2014
- Next, you willneed to click on the search tab
- The software download page for QuickBooks Pro will appear on your screen.
- Locate the Download tab in green color. Click on it for the download tostart automatically
- After the download gets completed, you will find the downloaded file in the Downloads folder
- Double click on the .exe file
Please Note– If you have an installation CD of QuickBooksPro 2014, the above steps are not required. You may run the CD and perform the steps hereafter.
- The QuickBooks InstallShield Wizard will be displayed on your screen
- Click Next. An installation dialogue box will be displayed on your screen
- Select the files to extract.
- After the extraction process gets completed, the License Agreement will appear
- Read it thoroughly and mark the checkbox to accept the terms & conditions of the agreement
- Click Next to proceed
- Choose your preferred installation type ( Custom, network or Express)
- Click Next to proceed
- If you click the Express option, which is the recommended one, it will set up the software for single-user mode. It will then prompt you to submit the product and license numbers. The custom and network option will let you choose the location to start the installation of QuickBooks 2014 from
- Click to start the installation process. Also, set up the system to share the company file
- If you have selected the network option, click on the settings to display the window where you can modify the settings
- Click Next to proceed
- If you will use QuickBooks 2014 Pro in single-user mode, select the option named ‘I will be using QuickBooks on this computer’.
- You will be allowed to install QuickBooks Pro 2014 on your system and establish single-user access for your company file.
- If you also need to store the company file on your system for sharing, you should also mark the checkbox adjacent to ‘I will be storing the company file here to share it across the network’.
- In case you want to install the software on the file server, select the option named ‘I will not be using QuickBooks on this computer’.
- Next, you will be prompted to enter your QuickBooks license and product numbers
- Once done, click Next to proceed
- If you have chosen the network and custom options, you will be prompted to select your installation location
- Once done, click Ok to proceed
- The Ready To Install window will appear on your screen. It will mention the QuickBooks version, product number, license number, location of the installation folder etc.
- Click on the Install button
- The installation process will start. A User Id textbox will appear, prompting you to sign in to the QuickBooks 2014 Pro software
- If you do not have an Intuit account, you can hit on the Skip button at the right of the screen
- Type your login credentials and click on the login button
- The congratulation window will appear on your screen
- Click to open your QuickBooks 2014 Pro Edition.
Final Words :
In the discussion above, we have suggested a step-by-step procedure to install QuickBooks 2014 Pro on your system. We hope, with these comprehensive details, you would be able to install QuickBooks Pro 2014 easily.
💠Frequently Asked Questions 💠
What are the System Requirements for Installing the QuickBooks Pro 2014 Software?
You should meet the minimum system requirements listed below to install the QuickBooks Pro 2014 software-
▪ Windows 8 -32 and 64-bit
▪ Windows 7, -32 and 64-bit
▪ Windows XP (SP3 only)
▪ Windows Vista (Service Pack 1 or later) -32 and 64 bit
▪ Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2003 (SP2)
▪ Windows Server 2012, Windows Small Business Server 2008 & 2011
▪ Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
▪ 2.0 GHz processor (Minimum), 2.4 GHz is recommended
▪ 1 GB RAM for a single user and if Windows 8( 64 bit) is used
▪ 4x CD-ROM drive
▪ Default DPI setting (96dpi/100%)
▪ Display optimized for 1024 x 768 resolution or more
▪ 2.5 GB of disk space
▪ 2 GB RAM
What are the Important Features of QuickBooks Pro 2014?
Certain important features and benefits of QuickBooks Pro 2014 are listed below-
👉 New Email Capabilities
With QuickBooks Pro 2014 you can add multiple attachments. You can also customize email templates to include customer/job information and view previous email conversations.
👉 New Income Tracker
This all-new feature would show all your cash flow and income-producing transactions (including overdue invoices) in one single dashboard.
👉 Improved Bank Feeds
Now you can aggregate all your banking transactions from multiple banks and accounts. Also, you can now easily write customer and class jobs in a single line of a bank transaction.
👉 Lend Center Feature
This new feature in QuickBooks Pro 2014 will help you track all your sales activities more efficiently.
👉 Enhanced Search Options
QuickBooks Pro 2014 includes an auto-suggestion feature as one of the search options. It facilitates improved suggestions to search and can also auto-fill the keywords you are searching for.