At times, users end up with QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 when they’re trying to establish a connection with their banking institutions. As a result, they won’t be able to communicate with the bank’s server because of an inactive bank account. However, the error code OLSU 1013 can be caused by a variety of factors that are going to be discussed in the below section. Apart from that, you may not be able to download the bank transaction into QuickBooks. If you’re also going through the same issue then don’t worry! This blog post entails the simplest solutions to fix QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 including probable causes behind the occurrence of the error.
What Exactly is Error Code OLSU 1013 in QuickBooks?
An error message pops up on screen saying “An unexpected error occurred. The branding and profile servers could not be accessed. Click Cancel to discontinue setup and then retry setting up the account for online services again. Error message number: [OLSU-1013] if the problem persists, call Support and provide the error message number above”, when QuickBooks is facing difficulty to make a connection with your banking institution. It can be caused due to a number of reasons including interrupted internet connection, discontinued QuickBooks version, and more.
What Causes QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013?
The most apparent reason is the issue associated with online banking institutions. However, it could lead due to multiple factors that are jotted down. Let’s check them out:
- Your QuickBooks Desktop Version may be out-of-date.
- Bank servers are not responding due to maintenance or updates
- Inappropriate login credentials
- Connection issues with banking and QuickBooks
- Internet Explorer is configured incorrectly
- When the financial institution’s directory is outdated
- Invalid download or import format
- Issues with bank accounts in the company file
- There is a problem with the internet connection
- One or more accounts in the company file is damaged or corrupted
- When individuals refuse to acknowledge the online banking notification message.
List of Things Must be Done Before Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013
Check the following steps before attempting to fix the OLSU 1013 error in QuickBooks:
- Make sure you have the most recent version of QuickBooks Desktop installed on your system.
- Also ensure that you have a reliable internet connection so that you can easily access websites.
- Internet Explorer should be updated.
- Confirm your login credentials are appropriate by logging into your online banking.
- Internet Explorer should be set up as the default browser.
- Make a copy of your Company File as a backup.
- Make sure that QuickBooks is running in single-user mode.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013?
The below-discussed are few best possible ways to overcome the QuickBooks online banking issue. Make sure that you execute every solution in a given order:
Total Time: 40 minutes
Solution 1: Configure the Internet Explorer Settings
● In the beginning, open the Internet Explorer
● Next step is to go to Gear tab >> Internet Options
● Select the Advanced tab under the Internet Options window
● Now, move to the Security tab and uncheck “USE TLS 1.0” box
● To enable the TLS 1.2 protocol, make sure to check-mark the “USE TLS 1.2” followed by clicking the “Apply” button
● In the end, hit the Ok button and re-launch your PC to verify whether the error is fixed or not.
Solution 2: Update the Financial Institution Directory (FIDIR)
● You must first launch QuickBooks
● Select Bank Feeds >>> Bank Feeds Center under Banking section
● Select Sync all for this bank from the drop-down list
Note: If the preceding methods don’t work, try the manual updating instructions listed below.
● To begin, open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following location:
● C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks XXXX\ Components\OLB \branding \filist
● For your QuickBooks version, choose the appropriate version
● QuickBooks 2016, QuickBooks 2017, QuickBooks 2018, QuickBooks 2019, QuickBooks 2020, QuickBooks 2021, QuickBooks 2022,
● Next, you’re supposed to select the entire page’s text
● Press the Ctrl + C keys from your keyboard at the same time
● In the files folder, double-click on the fidir.txt file
● After that, select the full content and then paste it
● Now, select the File menu from the drop-down menu
● Close the file after saving all changes
● Finally, restart your QuickBooks software and check for the error is resolved or still exists.
Solution 3: Make Use of the Express Mode in QuickBooks Program
● From the Edit menu of QuickBooks, select the Preferences option
● Locate and choose Checking from the dashboard’s left side
● From the Bank Feed window, click on the “Company Preferences” and then Express Mode
● To save your changes, click on the “Ok” tab.
If QuickBooks online error OLSU 1013 persists, proceed to the next solution in the troubleshooting process.
Solution 4: Under Company and Personal Preferences, Save the Default Bank Account
● To begin you first click on the QuickBooks icon from Windows Start menu
● Next, sign in as an admin account in the company file
● Go to the Edit menu and select the checking tab followed by selecting the Preferences tab
● Under the my preferences tab, the user must select the default for all selections
● Because the company preferences tab has been disabled, the user must select the default account for all options
● Finally, select the “Ok” button and then input the required credentials to access QuickBooks online banking.
Solution 5: Merge the Different Accounts After Creating Them
● To begin, do a right-click on the account that is having issues
● Select the Edit Account from the drop-down menu
● You must now select the account name and press the Copy button
● Make sure to include a (*) after the account name
● Additionally, go to the Bank Feed Settings page and select the “Deactivate All Online Services” tab
● To continue, select the Save & Close option.
Create a new account
● Here, by selecting Chart of Accountants, create a new account
● Remove the (*) before pasting the account name
● Close and reopen the file followed by selecting the (*) from the Chart of Accountants
● Perform a right-click on the account, select the “Edit Account” tab
● After that, click Save & Close and delete the (*)
● When the Merge warning dialogue box appears, press the “Yes” button
● Additionally, select Create a Bank Feeds Account
● Finally, save transactions to the newly merged account.
Solution 6: Refresh the Connection With the Bank
● Select all of the bank accounts that are currently inactive
● Next, choose the chart of accounts from the company file
● Include inactive accounts in the list of accounts to check quickly.
Solution 7: In QuickBooks Software, Create a New Company File
If you wish to create a new QuickBooks company file, follow these steps:
● Select the new company file option from the file menu
● After that, select the Express Start option
● Now, add the bank account where you’re having trouble
● Once you’re done with that, you can set up an account for bank feeds on your new test company
● Download the bank feed transactions to examine the account.
Solution 8: Enable the TLS 1.2 Protocol
● Make sure you’re using the most recent version of Internet Explorer before starting it up
● Go to the top-right corner of the browser and select the gear symbol
● Select the advanced tab from the internet options menu
● In the security tab, unmark TLS 1.0 and mark TLS 1.2, if you’ve switched to TLS 1.2
● Click the “Apply” followed by “Ok” tabs to confirm the changes
● Close any open programs and restart your computer to view the changes you’ve made.
For Information: QuickBooks Bank Feeds Setup Error olsu 1011For Information: Set up Bank Account in QuickBooks
Well, the above-prescribed are the all possible ways to get rid of the QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013. If you have any questions still unanswered or are experiencing technical glitches with QuickBooks, you can contact the QuickBooks Customer Helpdesk for instant solutions for your queries.
How to Download the Bank Feeds Transactions to Fix the QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013?
If you suspect a problem with your bank’s server, you should save the transactions in a test company file.
● To begin, you must first launch QuickBooks
● Then go to the File menu and choose “New Company” from the drop-down menu
● Select either “Express Start” or “Start Setup” after done with the above step
● You must now create Bank Feeds for the account that has been impacted
● Finally, try downloading your transactions.
Does Incompatible File Give QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013?
QuickBooks can only open .qbo files which are downloaded transactions. If your bank uses a different file extension, QuickBooks will be unable to open it. To determine whether the problem is with your bank or the file type, you must download the transactions from your bank’s website directly.
● To start, try signing in to your bank’s website instead of QuickBooks
● In a .qbo file, find and download your bank transactions
● Then you’ll need to import your transactions into QuickBooks.
If you still can’t open the .qbo file in QuickBooks, the problem is most likely with your bank.
Why Does Bank of America Receive an OLSU-1013 Error Message?
It usually encounters QuickBooks Error OLSU-1013 when your bank server may be unavailable because of updates or maintenance.