Users often experience QuickBooks Error 1328: An update issue when they try to update, install QuickBooks related files, or sometimes while repairing the software. When the error is encountered, it pops up with an error message stating “Error 1328. Error updating files C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp (File path)”.
However, QuickBooks update error code 1328 can be caused due to a number of factors. To get a clear picture of the issue, it is important to know its root causes. So, let us jump right into the blog and gain a better understanding of this error.
Why Does QuickBooks Error 1328 Arise?
The below list will tell you why QuickBooks error code 1328 usually appears on your screen. Let’s check them out:
- Malware or virus attack
- Improper shutdown of your system as well as software.
- Damaged downloaded file
- Power failure can also cause the issue
- Incomplete or interrupted installation
- Issues happen while downloading the software
- Network error while connecting to the server
- The QuickBooks error code 1328 occurs when attempting to update the QuickBooks Desktop version.
Signs and Symptoms: QuickBooks Error 1328
- When installing or removing the QuickBooks program, Windows becomes slow.
- Repairing QuickBooks accounting is impossible.
- You are unable to update your QuickBooks program.
- It takes a long time for your QuickBooks program to respond.
- QuickBooks software is not working properly or has stopped working.
Quick Fixation Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 1328
The error methods of performing one step and jumping to the next while the issue remains unsolved is used in error resolution. Follow the steps in the correct order:
Repair Windows Installation
● Start with signing in to your system as an Admin
● Next, perform the Repair process
● And then open the Control Panel
● After that, select the tab called “Programs and Features”
● Once done then select the QuickBooks from the list
● Now, hit the “Uninstall” button
● Click on “Repair” button once the screen display of uninstalling software
● Further, run the “QuickBooks system repair tool”
● Finally, apply the security patch to it, once the repair is successfully completed.
Rename the Folder
● First, look for the file with a name “config.msi” on your computer
● Next step is right-click on the Windows Start menu and select the Explore
● Here, open the C: Drive by moving to the tools folder
● Now, go to the view tab and select all hidden files and folders option
● After that, hit the Apply button followed by clicking on the Ok button in order to close this window
● Select the “rename” option by choosing the “config.msi”
● Add “OLD” at the end of the file name and save it to another location
● It will assist you in adding all necessary files and folders with documents in your system.
Uninstall and Reinstall the QuickBooks in a Selective Startup Mode
The company file must be backed up before proceeding with the instructions below. The license and product numbers must also be available. In QuickBooks, the numbers can be accessed by hitting the F2 or Ctrl + 1 key. This will bring up the Product Info window. Users must also have a QuickBooks installation CD or download installer for the QuickBooks version being installed.
Launch your System in a Selective Startup
● In the very first step, open Run command by pressing the Windows + R keys from your console
● Next, type msconfig within the search box followed by hitting the Ok button
● Now, move to the General tab and select the Selective Startup >>> Load System Services
● Select the “Hide All Microsoft Services” >>> “Disable All” within the Services tab
● After that, you have to unselect the “Hide All Microsoft Services” box
● Moving forward, check the service list and then verify that the Windows Installer box is selected
● If it is not then you have to select and press the Ok button
● With this, the System Configuration window open and you have to choose the Restart option
● Once the system restarts then you can uninstall, install, or reinstall your QuickBooks using a Clean Install.
Restore your System to a Normal Configuration Mode
● Start with opening the Run command by pressing the Windows + R keys
● Then type msconfig and click Ok
● Now, go to the General tab and pick “Normal Setup” then press the Ok button
● Finally, select the Restart option within the System Configuration.
Repair the Windows Registry
● Initially, run any registry repair tool to repair the corrupted registry records related to QuickBooks
● Following that, you should use antivirus software to eliminate the virus or malware from your Windows system
● Remove any old drives and software
● Undo your system’s recent changes right now
● Completely and thoroughly reinstall the software
● Run the Windows System File Checker by selecting it from the Start menu
● Install all of Windows’ essential updates.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned remedies will give a clear understanding of QuickBooks Error Code 1328 and assist you to resolve with ease. If you still have a question or are experiencing a technical issue with QuickBooks, you can reach out to QuickBooks Customer Helpdesk for assistance.
How can I Save my Files if QuickBooks Error 1328 Occurs?
If you’re having trouble saving or opening files, there’s a strong chance you can repair it using a tool. Many of these errors can be resolved by updating QuickBooks, adjusting your computer settings, or contacting QuickBooks Experts.
How to use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to Overcome the QuickBooks Error 1328?
The proper way to utilize the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool usually requires 3 steps including:
🔹 Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop
🔹 Rename the installation folders
🔹 Reinstall QuickBooks to your Desktop
🔹 You simply have to perform all the 3 steps for a fresh installation of QuickBooks which will help you to get rid of the error.
What are the Important Things that Need to be Done Before I Clean Install my QuickBooks Desktop?
Before you start Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop, there are a few things you should do first to avoid losing any files or data.
🔹 Backup your QuickBooks Company files: Backing up QuickBooks data to a flash drive is advised. This will ensure that data is not lost in the event of an emergency.
🔹 Keep handy the License and Product Number: After you’ve finished removing the QuickBooks desktop application, you’ll need the license and product number to reinstall it.