When you are trying to activate or open your QuickBooks accounting software application, you are getting the following error notification: Could not reset license properties! [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not upload the license information. This may be instigated by lost or impaired files.
If yes, then you have been experiencing one of the most common errors of QuickBooks Desktop that transpires due to some technical glitches either with your operating system or network which needs immediate resolution.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
- Outmoded Windows operating system or anti-virus software that isolates some QuickBooks files.
- A module or file required by QuickBooks Desktop to run is impaired or lost.
- dat – A QuickBooks Desktop installation file that encompasses QuickBooks license related details. On every occasion QuickBooks Desktop turns active, the license details need to be reclaimed and authenticated. If this file is impaired, the software will not run.
- MSXML module -It is an MS module that is requested by QuickBooks software to run. This module enables the software to repossess the details in the Qbregistration.dat file thereby enabling QuickBooks to run.
- Correct Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with WebConnect users: You may even encounter this problem provided you are trying to open the file without saving the same first. Hence, make sure you first save .QBO file before you to try to import it.
Troubleshoot Steps for Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
To fix the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118, perform these steps as cited below.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Re-generate impaired Entitlement DataStore.ecml file to fix the license and registration related problem
💠 First of all, exit from the QuickBooks Software.
💠 Confirm that all QuickBooks procedures are not running.
💠 Hold the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys all in one go. When you will do so, it will open the Task Manager. The Windows 10 users need to: Select the More Details to display Task Manager
💠 Click on the Processes button.
💠 Make sure you sort all the processes alphabetically simply by choosing the Process Name title.
💠 Look for all instances with extension QBW32.EXE and choose to End Task.
💠 Click on the entitlement information folder of your operating system and the newest QuickBooks version.
💠 Hold Windows+R keys together which will open the Run command.
💠 Fill in C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Customer\vX (orvx) where Vx stands for the version and hit on the Enter button.
💠 Do right-click on the file with name Entitlement Data Store .ecml and choose to Remove.
💠 Click on the Yes option to agree that you wish to remove the file.
💠 Click on your company file and carry on with the guidelines to record the application.
Resolve the Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ glitches with use of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
💠 Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
💠 Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
💠 When requested, save the file on your Desktop.
💠 Exit from any running program and after that only click on run the QuickBooks install tool.
Note: It takes approximately 20 minutes to finish the process depending on the speed of the Internet and overall PC performance.
💠 Reboot your machine after running the tool to make sure the modules are correctly updated.
💠 Download Windows latest updates.
💠 When you will download the latest updates, all the missing enhancements relating to .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ problems will get installed automatically.
💠 Once the installation gets over, reboot your machine and open QuickBooks Desktop to see if the issue still persists or not.
💠 Resolve the glitches with QuickBooks Desktop and Microsoft modules manually.
If QuickBooks Install does not solve your issue, the next possible thing that you can try is to resolve the Windows modules manually. Please bear in mind that this procedure does require advanced knowledge about the operating system. You must take the advice of the IT experts who can help you with the following:
💠 Repair or again install Microsoft .NET Framework
💠 Repair Microsoft MSXML
Reinstall QuickBooks using a Clean Install Tool
💠 Firstly, uninstall the QuickBooks software app
💠 Retitle the installation folder
💠 Download and run QuickBooks clean install tool
💠 Manually give a new name to the QuickBooks Desktop installation folder
💠 Again install the program on your computer.