QuickBooks is renowned accounting software and it aids in managing all the workloads in a systematic way. While working on QuickBooks, you may encounter several errors. One of these errors is QuickBooks Error 6000, 301. This error code usually appears on the screen along with a warning message which says “An error occurred when QuickBooks Desktop tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the issue pertains, contact the Technical Support & endow them with the following QuickBooks error code (6000, 301).” This error code usually takes place when there is any type of damage in the company file. Nevertheless, the QuickBooks Error 6000, 301 is similar with the users of QuickBooks Desktop.
Why QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 301 Occurs:
The QuickBooks Error 6000, 301 usually takes place when the user attempts to open a QuickBooks company file with (.qbw). You get a message the disk space is not sufficient. This error takes place and pops up on the screen and due to this there is an interruption in QuickBooks working.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000, 301
There are various causes of QuickBooks Error 6000, 301. These are following below:
- Damaged Files – Damaged single or multiple files of QuickBooks Desktop Support Files is one of the major reasons for this error. The names of these files are as follows:
- ND Files (The Network Descriptor Files)
- TLG (The Transaction Log) File
- DSN (The Data Source Name) Files
- Company Files – As it was discussed earlier, users might face problems or errors if there is some damage or corruption to the company files. These company files will further not be accessible in this case.
- Encryption Software – QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 301 can take place when the users opt to install the Encrypted Software. This encrypted software can hamper the work process and there is a very high chance of these errors to show up.
Effects of QuickBooks Error 6000, 301
Users may face several issues when they encounter QuickBooks Error 6000, 301. These problems can be mentioned as follows:
- Users would not be able to access the company data or files. Therefore, users will have to rebuild the same company files and that would be costing them a major time crunch which is not favorable.
- Users might be required to download the QuickBooks Desktop Support Files to cope up with their work and to handle day to day operations. Therefore, users would be facing the problem of excess data usage along with time management.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 301
Total Time: 35 minutes
Repair Your QuickBooks Desktop
Since the QuickBooks is mostly about giving enough of the application to be stored in the computer and the related excel file(s), it is mandatory to delete the files which are of no use now and have got corrupted. Below are the easy steps to resolve the QuickBooks error:
☑ Go to the Start or Windows menu => Open the Control Panel tab => Click on the Programs tab => click on the Programs and Features tab.
☑ Select the QuickBooks and click on the Uninstall icon.
☑ You can click on the Next tab once the QuickBooks installation window appears.
☑ Select the Radio button next to the Repair icon. After that, click on the Next tab and then the Repair tab again.
Lastly, click on the Finish icon.
Update the QuickBooks Software
☑ You need to make sure that your QuickBooks software is updated to the latest version. In case it is not, then it is highly recommended that you update it immediately.
☑ If the company file is still giving you troubles and not opening up easily, troubleshoot this issue by following the next steps.
Rename the QuickBooks .ND Files
☑ Click on the folder and open the folder which contains all the company files.
☑ You can just have the file(s) with the same name as the QuickBooks file but with the particular extension .tlg along with .nd and/ or .dsn.
☑ After that, you can right click on each of the files along with selecting Rename. Keep on adding the word .OLD to each one of them.
☑ This in turn rebuilds your company data files and keeps them away from a default database.
Restart Your Computer
☑ First and foremost, you need to restart your computer system, primarily.
☑ Also, you can reboot the computer where you have saved all of the company files and data.
☑ Lastly, if the problem still persists and is not resolved yet, and then try the next solution steps to resolve it.
Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
☑ First and foremost, all you need to do is download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and install it into your system.
☑ This tool, in return, will automatically identify the problem and try to fix them automatically.
Disable the Encryption Software
☑ You need to get to communicate to the software merchant for your encryption software for specific and particular assistance and guidance on disabling the software.
Note: It is not suggestive of encrypting the QuickBooks file using any third party encryption software. You can contact the encryption software’s vendor for detailed instructions on how to disable it.
In case, the QuickBooks 6000, 301 Error still persists then immediately connect with the QuickBooks support team. They assure to rectify the cause of the error and deliver a suitable solution to resolve the issue along to required guidance. The certified QuickBooks specialist has years of experience in tacking with such problematic error and are readily available for 24×7. You can contact the Accounting Hub experts by simply calling a toll-free number or connect via email at [email protected] . The QuickBooks experts also provide guidance and support via QuickBooks Live Chat Support.
👉Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1.What are the Issues Faced by a User when he Encounters the QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 301?
Ans : Users may face several issues when they encounter the QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 301. Some of these include:
▪ They would not be able to access the company data or files. Therefore, they will need to rebuild the same company files, which would add to their cost, time and effort.
▪ Users may require downloading the QuickBooks Desktop Support Files to handle day to day accounting operations. Therefore, users would be facing the problem of excess data usage. It may consume more time as well.
Q 2.What are the QuickBooks Desktop Support Files I Need to Rename , for Resolving the QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 301?
Ans : You need to rename the following files-
▪ ND Files (The Network Descriptor Files) – with extension .nd
▪ TLG (The Transaction Log) File) – with extension .tlg
▪ DSN (The Data Source Name) Files) – with extension .dsn
Q 3.Where is it Desirable to Store the QuickBooks Company file, if I want to avoid the QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 301 Error Message?
Ans :It is desirable to store the QuickBooks company file (.qbw) on a local hard disk or the hard disk of a server that runs the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Keeping the company file on any other type of storage may cause the QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 301. Examples of such storage locations that can produce this QB error are:
▪ Zip drives
▪ USB or thumb drives
▪ NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices