Sometimes, users come across QuickBooks Error 6094 due to some security software which is installed on their system. When the error appears, it usually pops up an error message that says: “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to start the database server that manages access to the QuickBooks company file. Error (-6094, 0)”. Antivirus software such as PC Tools Internet Security, AVG Anti-Virus, and SpyHunter Malware prevent QuickBooks, resulting in this error. If you’re also getting the same error then don’t worry as this article focuses on the QuickBooks Error 6094. So, if you want to resolve this issue and want to learn more about it, then simply read the article.
Explanation: QuickBooks Error 6094
QuickBooks Error code 6094 occurs when a user attempts to view a QuickBooks company file in QuickBooks Desktop. This is usually caused by a block imposed by third-party antivirus software installed on the device. If some anti-virus settings are incorrectly configured, QuickBooks may be unable to run freely on the PC. SpyHunter, AVG Antivirus, and PC Tools Internet Security are few third-party antivirus applications. When an error occurs on a user’s system, a notification “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to start the database server that manages access to the QuickBooks company file. Error (-6094, 0)” appears on your screen. This occurs when such software incorrectly detects QuickBooks files and processes as a potential security concern and alters or disables them.
Indications of QuickBooks Error 6094
If you suspect your device is having a problem, here are some symptoms to look out for:-
- QuickBooks Desktop has a lot of connection failures.
- You won’t be able to get into your data file.
- The QuickBooks program is unable to be updated.
- Windows may begin to shut down all of sudden and fail to resume.
- When you click on a button or a tab, the screen continues to load.
Possible Reasons Behind the QuickBooks Error 6094
The restrictions imposed by your antivirus application are the primary cause of the QuickBooks error 6094, as explained in the introduction to this article. However, other reasons are also responsible for the error code 6094 that are listed below:
- An issue is anti-virus programs like AVG Anti-virus, SpyHunter Malware Blocking, and PC Tools Internet Security.
- This error can occur when the user attempts to start the database server that controls access to the QuickBooks Company file.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 6094
It is suggested that you update your antivirus software to the most recent version before using any of the methods as discussed below. Also, from the virus vault, restore the quarantined qbdmgrN.exe and qbdmgr.exe. After that, follow the procedures outlined below to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6094.
Update your QuickBooks & Windows
Steps for QuickBooks Desktop Update
- To begin, you must first open the QuickBooks software
- Then select the Help menu and Update QuickBooks Desktop from the drop-down menu.
- Then select the Update Now option
- Choose the option to Get Updates
- Restart the system once you’ve completed the above steps
- Finally, open QuickBooks and select “Yes” when prompted to install an update.
Steps for Windows Update
- The first step is to select the Windows Start menu item from the menu bar
- Then select settings by pressing the Windows key
- From the settings windows, select the update and security option
- Next step is to select the option named “check for update”
- Finally, restart your computer.
Rename the QuickBooks files from Quarantine
- In the beginning, visit the homepage of program
- Next, select the “Virus vault” option
- Now, look for the QuickBooks company files
- In the end, hit the Restore tab.
Remove the QuickBooks file from Spy Hunter
- To begin, open the Spy Hunter software
- Then select System Guard from the drop-down menu
- Look for the company files under the User Added tab
- Permit access to the QuickBooks file’s current status
- Then look at PUP
- Finally, from the block list, change the file status to “Allow”.
Correct the Settings of PC Tools Internet Security
Create an Exception for QuickBooks Directory
- To begin, navigate to the PC Tools Internet Security menu
- After that, go to Settings and select Global Action List
- To delete the files you don’t wish to scan, click the “Add” button
- To finish the transaction, click the “Ok” button.
Finally, see if the error 6094 appears or not.
Restore the Quarantined Infections
- To begin, go to the settings menu and select Quarantine
- Then, using the Restore option, pick the items that you wish to restore
- Finally, select the “Ok” button.
Check for AVG Anti-Virus
Examine any Quarantined QuickBooks Files
- To begin, go to the AVG Anti-Virus Interface
- Then select History, followed by Virus Vault
- After that, select the files that have been quarantined
- Select the files that must be restored
- Once done then click on the Restore tab followed by the “Close” button
- Finally, access QuickBooks and see if the QuickBooks Error 6094 has been repaired.
It’s Important to Remember not to Scan the QuickBooks Directory
- First, close the QuickBooks and open the AVG Anti-Virus User Interface
- Then go to Resident Shield and select Manage Exceptions
- Select the Add Path option for the software installation folder
- Save the Changes by clicking the Ok button
- Finally, you have to restore all QuickBooks files that were quarantined by AVG Anti-Virus.
Check to See if the Installation Directory Contains Renamed Files
- To begin, close QuickBooks and open the folder where the application was installed
- Verify the renamed files in the installation directory by opening it
- Replacing the file names with the originals (e.g., QBDBMGRN_AVG_RESTORED >> qbdbmgrn.exe) is the next step
- In the end, select Open QuickBooks from the drop-down menu.
- Continue to the next solution if you’re still experiencing QuickBooks error 6094.
Repair the QuickBooks Desktop
- To begin, go to the Windows Start menu and select the Control Panel
- To access QuickBooks, go to the programs list and select QuickBooks
- Then select Uninstall/Change from the drop-down menu
- Now, hit Continue >>> Next >>> Repair >>> Next to complete the process
- Choose Finish once you’ve finished the process
- Finally, restart QuickBooks by following the on-screen instructions.
Do a Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- The first step is to get the QuickBooks tool hub downloaded and installed
- Then, right-click on the desktop icon and select Program Installation Issues
- Then, to continue the installation process, click on the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and follow the on-screen instructions
- Finally, open QuickBooks and see if the company files error 6094 0 is still present.
With the methods outlined above, you can easily get rid of QuickBooks Error 6094. But there may be times when you’re stuck or unable to correct such errors. In that case, we suggested contacting technical experts using our dedicated QuickBooks Customer Helpdesk. The technical team of experts will dedicatedly be committed to serving your doubts all round the clock.
What are the tools we use to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6094?
Well, there are a number of diagnostic tools available to quickly rectify the QuickBooks error 6094. You simply download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub, if you haven’t already installed it on your system. After it has been installed, look for the Tool Hub shortcut icon on the desktop and double-click it to activate it. To fix common program errors, go to the Program Problems tab and select the Quick Fix my Program option. Then, under the Installation Issues tab, run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to resolve any issues with the program installation that may be causing error code 6094.
What are the Steps involved in Downloading the QuickBooks Tools Hub?
The QuickBooks Tool Hub assists in rectifying common QuickBooks errors like error code 6094. All you need to close your QuickBooks to use this tool hub. To get better experience, you must use the Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit. The below steps help you in downloading process:
🔹 First, QuickBooks must be closed
🔹 The QuickBooks Tool Hub’s most recent version (220.127.116.11) is available to download
🔹 Save the file in a location where you’ll be able to find it quickly (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop)
Note: If you’ve already installed Tool Hub, you can see which version you have. Go to the Home tab. The version will be found at the bottom of the page
🔹 Open the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
🔹 To install, follow the on-screen instructions and accept the terms and conditions
🔹 In the end, double-click the tool hub icon on your Windows desktop to access it once the installation is complete.
How to run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix the QuickBooks Error 6094?
Sometimes, the error code 6094 occurs due to an issue in your program installation and by running the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, we can easily overcome it. Here’s how:
🔹 Select Installation Issues from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
🔹 Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the drop-down menu
🔹 Allow the tool to run, it could take up to 20 minutes to complete
🔹 After the tool has completed, restart your computer and launch QuickBooks Desktop, then access your data file
🔹 Also, update QuickBooks to the most recent version; this ensures that you have the latest security and bug updates.