You are stuck in the situation when you are not able to open/access the company file and you may get the QuickBooks error 6150. Here starts your work for the first step and the step to understand symptoms of errors to define the real cause of errors. The QuickBooks Error 6150 comes up when user tries to create, open and use the company file.
What is QuickBooks Error 6150?
When your company file says QuickBooks error 6150, the first thing you should do is to find out what caused the issue. Then, you can use a customized set of tools to check if that issue has been fixed or not. This article will offer different ways to fix QuickBooks errors with ease.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6150
- Your system may frequently while running the same program.
- When it pops up, it crashes the window program.
- Your system may also slow down or may also respond late to the command.
- QuickBooks Error 6150 pops up.
- The system may hang for few seconds to minutes.
The error code usually appears at the time of installation, running the installation program while restarting or shutting down of the windows. You need to notice the symptoms of the error and how it happened into your system.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6150
- Files related to QuickBooks are mistakenly or maliciously deleted or made corrupt by other program (s).
- Damaged, Destroyed or Incomplete QuickBooks Software.
- Malware or virus that corrupts windows system file.
The reason behind the occurrence of the error is that the file you are trying to access is on a damaged platform. The same error can also occur when you try to restore data from a corrupted drive. There are few other error codes that can come under QuickBooks error 6150.
- QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- Company file is corrupt and you were attempting to backup.
- QuickBooks Company file extension was the wrong type.
- Attempting to open a portable file but QuickBooks fails to open.
Steps for Fix QuickBooks Error 6150
Methods to Fix QuickBooks error messages 6150 and 1006 may be multiple. This article discussed the most effective solutions. Let’s follow each method one by one.
Total Time: 35 minutes
Change QuickBooks File Location
💠 Change QuickBooks File Location
💠 Find the file extension .QBW.
💠 Now, open the folder that contains data/company file.
💠 Paste the file onto the desktop.
💠 Now, move the existing data/company file on to the desktop.
💠 Long press the control key, launch QuickBooks and guide you to the no company window.
💠 If the error still occurs, follow the instruction number two.
Open Company File
💠 Try to open a sample of the company file to ensure that there is no issue with the company file.
💠 If you see an error in the sample company file at the time of opening, it indicates that the installation file is damaged.
Create Backup of QuickBooks
💠 Use a copy of Auto Data Recovery
💠 Take a back-up of data recovery
💠 Take the error every time. Doing it so will help you when the error occurs into your system and your run Auto Data Recovery and when you restore, it may cause issue to your data.