This article provides solution to the problem of QuickBooks FCS damaged for Windows 10.Generally, apart from the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) being damaged is also disabled.
When this happens, the following error occurs:
QuickBooks Error 15241: The Payroll update did not complete successfully.
Steps To Resolve QuickBooks FCS Service is Damaged Error
- Although the following solution is meant for Windows, it also works for Windows Vista 7 and 8.
- First, users must close QB Desktop.
- Then, after clicking the Windows Start button users must right-click on Computer and then select Manage.
- On Windows 10, users must click the Search button located on the taskbar and then search for Computer. Then, users must right-click This PC and then select Manage.
- Next, users must double-click Services located in the right pane. Then, they must double-click Intuit QuickBooks FCS.
- Next, users must select the General tab and then select the Startup Type drop-down arrow and then choose Manual. Then, users must select Apply.
- Next, users must select Start and then select OK.
- Once this is done, users must open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, all product updates related to QuickBooks Desktop must be downloaded.
- Next, users must update the payroll tax tables.
Downloading Latest Payroll Tax Table
- For updating tax tables, users must have an active payroll subscription.
- Users must download the tax table every time employees are paid or every 45 days.
-First, select Employees, then go to Payroll Updates. Then, in the Get QB Payroll Updates window, users should select the option of downloading the complete Payroll Update radio button.
- Then, users must select Update.
- Once the download is completed, a message appears.
- Then, users must select OK.
Once the update is complete, or the new tax table has been installed, a confirmation message will appear. Users must read the message and then select OK.
- In case the tax table’s version has been modified, the following message appears: “A new tax table has been installed on your computer. Click OK to read about the changes.”
- But if the tax table’s version hasn’t been changed, this message appears: “You have successfully installed payroll update [PS###].”
If the error isn’t fixed or more info is needed, please call the Accounting Problem QuickBooks Technical Support Team at this toll-free helpline .
👉Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1. What is the QuickBooks Error 15234?
A faulty install or an unfinished QuickBooks setup.
Damage in the Windows registry as a result of a current QuickBooks software modification, most likely a setup or uninstall.
The Intuit FCS Service is not operational.
Anti-virus software is preventing access to the most recent file.
Q 2. Is there a method to resolve QuickBooks Error 15234?
QuickBooks FCS service is a computer program of QuickBooks that is represented by the Intuit.QuickBooks.FCS.exe file. It is essential for the QuickBooks upgrade to be initiated and executed. FCS runs once upgrades have been loaded from QuickBooks Service.
Q 3. What happens upon a QuickBooks FCS Service that is Damaged comes into your Account?
Then, to refresh the connection, I propose revalidating the payroll’s service key. Furthermore, you may repair QuickBooks Desktop or do a fresh install/uninstall to resolve any QuickBooks element issues on your machine.