QuickBooks Web Connector QBWC1085 Error is a confusing technical error code that you may encounter while using the application. Microsoft created the QBWC to allow data to be shared between multiple web-based editions of the software. QuickBooks Desktop and POS can also communicate with third-party programs because of web connectors. QuickBooks Error QBWC1085 or Exception Type Error: Unknown name occurs when the QWCLOG.TXT file that the web connector relies on is corrupted. In this particular post, we’ll go over the error code QBWC1085, its causes, symptoms, and how to troubleshoot it in detail.
Insights into QuickBooks Error QBWC1085
This error happens when the Web Connector program’s QWCLOG.TXT file is damaged or cannot be accessed. The QuickBooks Web Connector failure immediately affects QB’s ability to share data with any third-party web-based application. You get one of the following error messages when you open QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions or turn on your computer:
- QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to the log file.
- QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
- Exception TypeError: Unknown name
NOTE: To avoid web connector-related issues, remove Web Connector from the list of automatic startup programs if you do not use any third-party Web-based applications with QuickBooks.
NOTE: If you are not using any third-party Web-based applications with QuickBooks, then you can disable Web Connector from the list of automatic startup programs to avoid web connector-related errors.
As a Result of this Problem:
When you launch QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, you’ll see one of the following errors:
- It’s possible that you won’t be able to write to the log.
- QuickBooks doesn’t write to the log file when it starts up.
- In the absence of a log file, the web connector works.
- Without the log file, the QuickBooks web connector will continue to work.
Possible Reasons that Could Lead to QuickBooks Error QBWC1085
There are two main reasons for the QuickBooks Error QBWC1085 that are jotted down:
- QuickBooks Web Connector does not have access to the QBWCLOG.txt file.
- When the QBWCLOG.txt file is broken or corrupt, QuickBooks Web Connector is unable to use it.
However, other factors may also be responsible for this error. We’ve compiled a list of them for you:-
- This error might occur if a component is disabled or removed during startup.
- When QBWC tries to acquire data from a third-party application.
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error QBWC1085
The following factors will assist you in identifying the QBWC1085 log file issues:
- Your software may freezes on a regular basis
- QuickBooks Desktop stopped working all of sudden.
- The user receives no response from Windows
- Additionally, the web connector program’s functions aren’t working appropriately.
How do we get rid of QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 in QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions?
If you receive Error QBWC1085 in your Enterprise Edition then try the following troubleshooting steps:
🔹 Using the Windows and R keys on your keyboard, open the Run window
🔹 In the open box, type MSConfig, and then press the OK button on the bottom left
🔹 Click the Startup tab when the System Configuration window has opened
🔹 Scroll down to the QuickBooks web connector checkbox and select it
🔹 Then click the Apply and then Ok buttons
🔹 Finally, restart your computer to save and open QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, and check if the QuickBooks web connector error has been resolved.
What are the Steps Involved in Enabling QuickBooks Web Connector Program? Does it Help me to overcome the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 issue?
Ensuring that you can see the Web Connector program under the automatic startup programs list and is running in the background process will help to remove the error QBWC1085. To do so, you’re supposed to enable the Web Connector:
🔹 In the Run window, press Windows + R on the keyboard and type MSConfig
🔹 After pressing OK, go to the Startup tab
🔹 In the list, locate and mark the QuickBooks Web Connector program
🔹 Hit the “Apply” followed by the Ok button
🔹 Finally, restart your Windows system.
What is the Term Called “QuickBooks Web Connector XML Web Services”?
Web services can be accessed by adding a service reference, just like other WCF services (windows communication foundation). As a result, if any references are added, the latest.net framework version will be used. For applications written in older versions of Visual Studio that target the 2.0 version of the.net framework, web references can still be inserted.
What do you understand with QuickBooks Web Connector XML Web Services in QuickBooks Desktop?
Web services can be accessed by adding a service reference, just like other WCF services (windows communication foundation). As a result, if any references are added, the latest .NET framework version will be used. For applications written in older versions of Visual Studio that target the 2.0 version of the .net framework, web references can still be used.
How to Add a New Web Service with QuickBooks Web Connector?
It’s as easy as downloading a file to add a new web service. Because it was built on the Quicken One Action Update feature, users of Quickens online banking functions will immediately recognize the interface.
The QuickBooks web connection can be used with any QB desktop product that is supported by the QB SDK or QBPOS SDK, as well as:
● For accounting software in the United States, such as simple start (2006 and later), pro (2002 and later), premier (2002 or later), enterprise solutions, QuickBooks POS (v4 or later), and so on.
● QuickBooks pro, premier, and enterprise editions are available in Canada (2003 and above)
● In addition, whether you’re looking for the UK edition of QB pro or the accountant edition (2003 and above)
Who and all can Download the QuickBooks Web Connector Software?
Anyone can get an installer for the QuickBooks Web connection software for free from the QuickBooks web connector download web page. Many times, developers can also direct their customers to this page or re-distribute the installer to their customers.