QuickBooks runtime error is common to encounter like other QuickBooks bugs. In this article, we’re going to talk about one such error called QuickBooks Error 7149 is nothing but a runtime error. It is often found if there is any data damage in your program files or due to registry related issues. However, the error 7149 could also take place due to innumerable reasons that you’ll come to know in further sections of this article. Without wasting much time, let’s know more about QuickBooks Error 7149 by reading out this article. To completely troubleshoot the error from your end, make sure to read the article till the end.
What are the Reasons for QuickBooks Error 7149?
A user may encounter such an error for a variety of reasons. These factors include:
- When a virus, Trojan, or malware corrupts Windows data.
- Faulty downloaded files
- Incomplete QuickBooks installation
- QuickBooks files were accidentally removed
- You may also receive such error by a corrupted Windows registry as a result of modifications such as QuickBooks installation or uninstallation.
How to Identify QuickBooks Error 7149?
The following symptoms can help you to identify the error code 7149:
- If Windows are slow to respond or if the keyboard and mouse inputs are not shown on your screen.
- QuickBooks or the system keeps freezing.
- A running application or program window crashes.
- “Error 7149: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience” is displayed on your screen.
- A few antivirus programs can cause the system to hang or disrupt QuickBooks operation. In this situation, the antivirus or firewall must be turned off.
Fixation Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 7149
The methods listed below can hopefully useful in dealing with QuickBooks error code 7149. As a result, make sure to follow the steps one by one and try to solve the problem:
Total Time: 24 minutes
Repair or try Reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop
● The user should first access the control panel
● Next, select add or uninstall applications
● Now, look for it in the Windows start menu as well.
● The following step is to go to QuickBooks and do a right-click on it
● Then select Repair and follow the on-screen instructions
● Finally, the user should restart the computer and attempt to open QuickBooks.
Fix the Windows Registry Keys
This issue is frequently caused by damaged registry keys. Working on them and customizing them can thus solve the problem to some extent. However, unless you are an expert, doing the steps on your own is not recommended. To complete this procedure, you should seek professional guidance.
Disable the Antivirus Service Temporarily
● In this method, you have first search for the Antivirus software icon within the Taskbar
● Next, you’re supposed to do a right-click on the icon
● With this, options will appear on your screen and you have to select the “Disable” option followed by pressing the Ok button
● Now, you have to open the QuickBooks software
● After that, try to start your system in a safe mode and then restart or update it.
This is one of the best approaches and it will most likely resolve the QuickBooks Error 7149.
Attempt to Resolve the Malware and Trojan Issues, if Any
Scanning the system with an antivirus program or Windows Security Essentials is recommended, as the issue could be caused by malware. If a threat or malware is detected, delete it fully or restart the computer. You should try to open QuickBooks after completing the procedures.
Close the Programs
● In the beginning, press the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys from your keyboard to access the Task Manager
● Next, look at the list of programs that are currently running
● Moving forward, go to the Processes tab and stop them one after one
● Once done with that, hit the End Process tab
● Now, you have to seek for the message
● Finally, perform the instructions to reinstall the software and you’re done.
See Also: QuickBooks Error Code 6177For Information: QuickBooks Error 1722
Well, there are best approaches to overcome runtime error called QuickBooks Error 7149. In any case, you still struggling with the same issue then don’t worry. Just make a call at QuickBooks Customer Helpdesk and your query will be resolved in a minimum timeframe. Moreover, you can use our LIVE CHAT option for further queries or concerns.
A Frequently Asked Questions
What is QuickBooks Error 7149?
It is a runtime error that mostly seen due to Windows registry issue or corrupts applications. When the error appears, it comes with an error message stating “Error 7149: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to shut. We are sorry for the inconvenience”. The system start crashes from time to time whenever the error notification reflects on your computer screen.
How to Fix the Windows Registry Keys for QuickBooks Error 7149?
You can manually clean the registry using the Windows registry Editor by performing these steps:
● Select Run from the Windows Start menu
● Enter “regedit” into the empty text box
● Delete any applications that have already been uninstalled
● After that, look for and delete any duplicate keys that the uninstalled apps may have left behind
● Finally, delete any unnecessary startup items from the registry.
What are the Steps Involved Under Removing the Malware From My PC?
You can easily remove malware from your PC by running a scanner and taking steps to fix the web browser issue.
Here are the Steps to be Performed:
● First, disconnect from the Internet
● Next, you have to enter the safe mode
● After that, check your activity monitor for malicious applications
● Now, run a malware scanner
● Once done then fix your web browser
● Finally, clear all the cache files.