Sage 50 is highly user-friendly software and even a novice can use it without any trouble. Therefore, it’s no surprise why it is used extensively by businesses and accounting professionals across the world.
One of the most important benefits of this software is that it always remains up-to-date with new versions and regular service updates. Over the years, Sage has made continuous efforts to meet the accounting needs of various segments of users. Now, to empower the users with enhanced features, Sage has launched the all-new Sage 50 2022 version.
We have received complaints from some of our readers that they are finding issues while starting Sage 50 2022, immediately after updating it. If you are also facing this issue, we have it covered for you! Just go through this blog. We will tell you how you can fix this issue. Simply implement the steps given here and continue to enjoy the enhanced features of the Sage 50 2022 version.
Table of Contents
Steps to Resolve Sage 50 Cannot be Started after 2022 Update
Here are three simple methods to fix this issue –
Total Time: 35 minutes
Option 1: Restart Actian Service
🔷 Log on to the system where the data has been hosted
🔷 Restart the Actian Service
🔷 Open the Sage 50 2022 application
🔷 Check if you are still getting the issue
Please Note– If you are starting Sage 2022 on a network and the issue is appearing only on a particular workstation, you may try restarting the Actian Service on that workstation, instead of the server,
Option 2: If you Have Installed Windows 10 /Server 2012 and Higher Updates on your System
🔷 Please check if the network profile has been changed from ‘Private’ to ‘Public’, after the Windows updates have been installed. If so, the Actian service would be blocked by the firewall. If you have noticed such a change, simply alter the Windows 10 network location from Public to Private
🔷 Please check if the Actian service has been turned off by the Windows updates. If so, restart the Actian service manually.
Option 3: Run the Application as Administrator
🔷 Log on to the computer that is showing the error
🔷 Restart the system
🔷 Now log in again as Administrator
🔷 Go to the location ‘ C: SageSage 50_2022 _xprogram-files. Please note that ‘x’ is the product update number
🔷 Now right click on the .exe file
🔷 Click Run as Administrator
🔷 You will be prompted to click on the Repair option
🔷 Wait till the installation completes
🔷 Check if you are still getting the issue
Some Points to Note Before you Install Sage 50 2022
While installing the Sage 50 2022 edition, please mind the following points. They would ensure that no complications should pop up before or during the installation. You will be able to avoid issues that may occur after the Sage 50 2022 update-
- Check if the workstations meet the minimum system requirements to install the Sage 50 2022 version.
- Turn the antivirus off. You can turn it on after the installation is completed
- Before starting the installation, make sure to close all the applications running in the background,
- Turn the firewall on and activate all the notifications
- Set the UAC notifications to a minimum. If required, take help from an IT expert.
We hope the troubleshooting steps mentioned above would help you fix this issue after the Sage 50 2022 update. If you are still not able to get rid of this issue, or, if you experience any difficulties in carrying out the above-mentioned steps, we would recommend you to speak to the experts.
👉Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1. What are the System Requirements should I Fulfill before Installing Sage 50 2022?
▪ 1 GB disk space
▪ 4 GB RAM
▪ Windows 10 (version 1809 and higher) or Windows 8.1- with all the latest updates
▪ 2.0 GHz processor
▪ Internet Explorer 11.0
▪ Microsoft.NET framework 4.7.2, along with DirectX Dependency for .NET.
▪ Preferred download speed of 25 Mbps and upload speed of 10 Mbps
▪ 16 bit SVGA Video with a minimum resolution of 1280 x 800.
▪ 5 GB free space to store the Sage Drive company files
Q 2. How to Upgrade From My Older Sage Version to Sage 2022?
Ans : Please follow the steps given below-
▪ Completely uninstall your Sage 50 software.
▪ Now reinstall the software, with the serial number obtained from Accountant’s Edition.
▪ Open your Sage 50 files and accounts in a single user mode, as a System Administrator.
▪ Navigate to the Help menu
▪ Click on Product Upgrade Sage 50.
▪ Next, enter the new serial number, instead of the old.
▪ Click on Retrieve My Key Code From Sage 50.
▪ Select the option “Use This Key And Enter The Key Manually”
Q 3. What is the Sage 50 2022 Cloud?
Ans : Sage 50 Cloud is a highly popular accounting program used primarily by small and medium scale businesses. It enables you to use the cloud storage capabilities on your desktop. Additionally, you can work remotely on this accounting software. It has powerful cloud components which enable you to store your data on Sage Drive