It’s beyond doubt that Sage 50 is an incredibly powerful software for businesses and professionals dealing with accounting . It is highly popular all around the globe as it has helped businesses streamline their accounting needs more efficiently. However, at times, while running the Sage 50 software , you may experience unexpected errors originating from corruption of Sage data files. We acknowledge this can be quite frustrating if you are in the middle of something very important.
If you are not sure about how to avoid such issues, go through this blog. Here, we will tell you the Sage 50 maintenance and data repair
Causes of Corrupt/Damaged Sage Ddata Files
There may be a number of causes of Sage data files getting corrupt or damaged. Some of them are listed below-
- Improper connection between the network and Sage data path
- Issues with the Sage 50 Pervasive Database Engine
- Missing or damaged file in Data path
How to Carry out Sage 50 Maintenance and Data Repair Using the Database Repair Utility Tool?
Please follow the steps mentioned below-
- Click to Open the Sage 50 Database Repair Utility Tool
- When this tool is started, all the files required for proper functioning of the tool are extracted automatically
- Click on the Install tab to start the repair process
- A dialogue box will popup on your screen. Click Yes to proceed
- The end user license agreement will appear. Read it and click on Agree to start using the tool
- Now , you will be given 3 options to repair Sage 50 data
- Remove Pervasive
- Install Pervasive
- Create a new Local Data Path
Read Also-: Sage 50 Unable to Register Data Source
We will discuss the procedures of each of the options below-
Total Time: 30 minutes
It will uninstall the Sage 50 Pervasive engine from your computer.
🔷 Before proceeding ,log in to your computer in admin mode
🔷 Make sure to log out all the users
🔷 Close the Sage 50 application.
🔷 Start the Remove Pervasive Utility
This utility will install the Pervasive on your local system and patch all the necessary updates automatically.
🔷 Make sure you are logging into the system in the admin mode
🔷 Make sure to log out all the users
🔷 you should have the latest Sage 50 Service Release installed in your system
🔷 Click on the Install Pervasive Utility
Create a New Local Data Path
The Sage 50 Database Repair Utility Tool will help you create a new local data path with ease. Please follow the steps below-
🔷 Decide on the appropriate location for the new data path
🔷 Search for the Company to Copy feature . It will transfer the entire directory from the previous to the new data path .This process may need some time to finish .
🔷 If you want to return to the original data path, click on the Manage INI Files tab
🔷 Select the Make Active button for the changes to take effect
🔷 Click to End the program
We hope the discussion above has helped you a great deal to repair and maintain Sage data files and avoid issues related to damaged/corrupt data files. If you are still not able to fix such issues, or, if you have any more queries, we would recommend you to speak to some of the Sage experts.
💠 Frequently Asked Questions 💠
How to Download Sage 50 Database Repair Utility?
You can download the latest version of the Database Repair Utility by following the steps mentioned below-
▪ Go to Start
▪ Click on the All Programs tab
▪ Click to select the Sage 50 accounting version you are using
▪ Navigate to Sage 50 resources & help section
▪ Now click on Technical Support Utilities
▪ Click on the Sage 50 Database Repair Utility to initiate the download
▪ Follow the instructions appearing on your screen
▪ Wait till the download gets completed
How to Create a Data Backup in Sage 50?
▪ Log into the particular Sage 50 company to take backup of.
▪ Click on File
▪ Go to Backup. Alternately, you may go to the toolbar at the top of the home screen and click on the backup icon
▪ Now , navigate to the window named Sage 50 Accounting Backup
▪ Enter a suitable name for the backup file. You may include the date of creation as a part of the file name for easy recognition later
▪ Earmark the folder where you are looking to keep the backup file
▪ Click OK to go ahead with the backup
Where is it Recommended to Store the Sage 50 Backup File?
You can specify any location on your computer to keep your backup file. However, it is recommended that, if you are not having an off-site backup, you should save the backup file on another drive (on a different computer, if possible). By not keeping the backup file on the computer where your Sage 50 data is kept, you will be protected in case of a hardware failure/theft.