As Sage supports different types of platform, you can very easily Migrate Data. But sometimes you might get errors while performing the task of Sage Data Migration like Errors related to File Sage data file conversion, Company Maintenance and many more.
Sage 50 accounting software provides accounting solutions for many business aspects like HR, ERP, Asset management, Payroll and many more. You can access Sage 50 from anywhere; it is available on both cloud and offline, giving freedom to the clients to work from anywhere.
Sage 50 provides products for both small and medium sized business; companies supported by Sage 50 can be a home run company, small or large enterprise.
Causes of Sage Data Migration Errors
To avoid the Sage Data Transfer or Migration you must be well aware of the reasons for these Errors
- Ensure that whenever you are upgrading and migrating from one version to another higher version, data from the previous versions should also be converted to new version
- While performing the task of Product Update, you are also required to convert the data files and the Company Data to the specified format
Resolutions Sage Data Migration Errors
Whenever you encounter the Sage Error “Data files have not been converted for this company“, and ends with: “Do you want to run Company Maintenance Now?” to open the Company Maintenance task window (or, alternatively, open Library Master, Main menu, Company Maintenance), select the option “Yes” continue with the steps provided below
(Note: Make sure you are clicking on the “Yes” button, as it is mandatory to convert all the companies before you start working with the company codes and modules. In case you select “No”, you will have to convert all the companies later)
- In the text box provide, write your Company Code and press Enter
- In the Upper Right Corner, look for “Convert” and open the “Convert Module Data Files” module
- In the Convert Module Data Files module select the checkbox which reads “Convert Data for All Companies” when you want to convert all the companies altogether. (Note: As you are trying to convert all the companies all together, this task may take a little longer time to complete)
- Click on the “Proceed” button to start the process of conversion
- Depending on the amount of data, your network speed and capacity of your Operating System it might take from several minutes to hours
- Once the Data Conversion is done you will be prompted with a message reading “Data conversion is complete….” Click on the OK button to proceed
- Click on the Accept button to exit Company Maintenance window
Final Words :
For additional resources and information, please contact our Sage technical support number . We provide technical Support for Sage 50 & Related Products. You can get in touch with us at any time as we provide 24*7 Sage customer assistance.
👉 Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1. What do I need to make sure before Migrating Sage 50 Data?
Ans : Before migrating, choose a date for your data to be migrated, ensure your data is updated, and make a backup. CSV files may be used to export customer, supplier, and product records. Opening balances for your clients and suppliers are also exported.
Before you transfer your data, double-check that Accounting is configured appropriately. You must load the chart of accounts from such a CSV file before performing any other modifications in Sage Accounting if you wish to use the same chart of accounts.
Q 2. What VAT related information should I keep in check when Migrating Data to or from Sage 50?
Ans : VAT Cash Accounting is a type of VAT plan that uses a flat rate of VAT. The VAT rate is set to No VAT for VAT-registered Eu markets, vendors, or connections outside the EU, and the gross amount displays in the Net and Total columns.
It’s because VAT on such actions is accounted for when the invoice is created, not when the payment is received or made.
Manually amend your next VAT Return to incorporate the essential data if you haven’t yet compensated for VAT in Sage 50 or Instant. Your tax codes are linked with others in Sage Accounting seamlessly.
Change the VAT rate for the appropriate transaction if you’ve changed the tax codes in Sage 50 and Instant.
Q 3. When Do I need to Change Imported Opening Balances?
Ans : Your balance sheet in Sage Accounting may vary from your financial statement in Sage 50 or Instant if you modify any numbers while importing opening balances.
Choose how to transfer the discrepancy when inputting your nominal opening balances. You might, for example, send it to Corrections.