The Intuit account user management varies with the other customer Account Management portal (CAMPs). It is also different from using QuickBooks company file login. The QuickBooks company file login is used to access the general option including using chart-of-accounts, checking to post, or creating invoices. Once you sign in to the Intuit account, you can use the user management dashboard to manage the user roles and to connect services. The below article is rounded with the “how to set up and use Intuit Account user management”.
When Could you Manage Intuit Account Users Connected with the Company File?
Once you create a new company file then you require using an Intuit account to sign in. The process of the QuickBooks company file login is different from using an Intuit account. The QuickBooks company file login provides access to general options such as paying a bill or creating an invoice. The setting up Intuit Account allows you to assign user roles and their associated Intuit services.
Invite Intuit Account Users & Assign Roles in QuickBooks
Following is the procedure to invite users to generate an Intuit account to use the Intuit services such as Payroll direct deposits; T-sheets time tracking, Receipt Management, Payroll direct deposit Payroll workforce, etc. Here are the steps:
- Firstly sign-in to the company file of the QuickBooks with admin user credentials
- Locate the Company option then click Users
- Choose Intuit Account user Management
- Click on Add users to create a file new user
- Hit Add user
- It will display available roles
- Choose the tab named Roles
- Fill in the email address of the users
- Choose the users role from the list of roles
- Click Add button
- Choose Add user once you are done with this
- The QuickBooks displays an invite status message with the assigned roles and the Company file name of the QuickBooks
- Choose OK button
- Now the Intuit account user management dashboard displays the users with a pending status
- After you accept the user invite the status is set as Active
- In case you require adding users to multiple company files then click on the main menu
- Choose the drop-down button next to the email address
- Click the Change company button
How to Add Users using a Web Browser?
- Firstly sign in to the Intuit account
- Choose the company file you need to access then click the Continue button
- Click Add user to add a new user to the file
- Hit the tab named roles to view a list of the available roles
- Fill the user’s email
- Choose the user’s role from the listed available
- Click Add button
- Once you are done with this choose Add user
- The QuickBooks appears an invite status message with the assigned role & the company file name of the QuickBooks
- Click Ok to close the message dialog box
- At last, the Intuit account user management dashboard displays the added users with a pending status.
- After you accept the invite of the user the status will show Active
- Edit/Delete a user role or Intuit account
- Firstly with an admin user credentials
- Locate the company button then click Users
- Choose Intuit Account user Management
- Click on the user then hit on the drop-down button
- Hit on Delete or Edit button you need to choose
- You can find the user by filling the email address in the find with email search field or you can choose the status column or email to sort and discover a user
- Once you selected the user then you can click an Assigned role
- Choose the Remove button to remove the access to a role
- Click the Save option once you are done with this
- The system displays a message with an updated users role
- Hit OK
- The Intuit account user management dashboard displays the updated role of the user with active status
Hopefully, now you are permitted to set up and use Intuit Account management. Make sure you have logged in with the administrator. If you need to know more about providing the permissions then get connected to professional team members. Use a live chat, email address, or phone number.
🔔Frequently Asked Questions
How can I Accept an Intuit Account Invite in QuickBooks Desktop?
Once you are invited to generate an intuit account there are requirements to respond to the invite for up to 30 days. Here are the steps you need to follow before sign-in:
▪ Verify the email you received the invite
▪ Click on the email invite link
▪ Choose Accept Invite and then sign in with the Intuit account email/user ID
▪ It will display a prompt, choose a method to check the identify and enter a 6- digit code
▪ Choose Continue button
▪ Now the QuickBooks ensure that you have accepted the invite
▪ Click OK
I am an Admin but still Unable to see the Company File?
Check if you have signed in to the company file with Intuit Account. After this open the company files with this account with the below steps:
▪ Firstly create a new company file
▪ Check the Admin credentials and handle all the financial operations and user roles of the company file
▪ Enter the email address or user ID
▪ Choose “continue”
▪ In case you are an admin then there will prompt a window asking you to write an email address and password
▪ Hit Sign in
What If I am an Employee and Unable to view the Company File?
In this case, you are not invited by the admin. So ask your admin to invite
Are CAMPs and Account user Management the same?
No, the CAMPs are different from Intuit account user management and Intuit identity.
What would I do with the Customer Account Maintenance Portal?
You can use CAMPS to manage all the account maintenance-based information including payment download, payment methods, and subscription.
Can I Transfer the Admin Role to another User?
Yes, you can transfer the primary admin role of the company file to another user.
What If I Need to Add users to Multiple Company Files in QuickBooks Desktop?
▪ Locate the menu bar
▪ Choose the Drop-down button near the email
▪ Click Change company file